"They were Spellbound!"
"Fantastic performance which was enjoyed by all! The children loved the story and are now inspired actors and story writers."
"Absolutely brilliant, as ever. Thank you so much!"
"Yet again you have come up with a stimulating, funny, challenging drama which will have lasting value to the pupils involved."
"Another superb show!"
'The Pupil Premium Project' is a specially commissioned intervention programme with the aims of improving children's confidence, self esteem, literacy and listening skills.
Working in school one day a week for 6 weeks, delivering 4 x 60 minute sessions for one Year group at a time. The pupil's are usually selected from the schools 'Gifted & Talented' 'EAL' or 'Free School Meal' groups. We provide written weekly feedback which includes comments on individual's progress, thus providing the evidence that is required when describing the allocation of Pupil Premium funding and data for Ofsted.
· Aims of the session - What we hoped to achieve.
· Content - Exercises the children participated in and also 'Why' we did them.
· Children's response - How they responded to the work and what progress was achieved.
· Follow up - identify the groups needs, and what individuals need extra support next time.
· First week includes a short evaluation of each child and the areas they need assistance in - Final week includes individual feedback on each child's progress through the project.
The results from these sessions have proved extremely productive. There are numerous success stories which have resulted from this programme. We have been able to help facilitate previously silent children to 'find their voice'; instilling self belief in a nurturing and supportive environment. EAL children are talking with more confidence and all children are actively volunteering and vocally contributing more in class, assisting them to achieve rapid and sustained progress. To date the project has a 100% rebooking history!!!